Friday, May 22, 2009

Made it to the East Coast





Whew we made it without any hitches. Very pretty drive once we got out of Nebraska, it is amazing how green a lush everything is here on the east coast. I am so happy to be here. Beautiful weather the entire drive, except for the damn wind, head winds just suck in the camper. I still managed to get 11mpg, in my loaf of bread on wheels. Not very aero dynamic!

Kara and I Even got to stop at a National Monument in St Louis Missouri. I never knew that the St. Louis Arch is so big. Extremely beautiful and empowering architecture. The town looked really cool when we skated through. I wish we had more time to explore.

As we made it into North Carolina at night we stayed in this creepy closed down wally world (walmart). Thank goodness for Kara's Ninja skills I felt perfectly safe. Our stay at the walmart wasn't to bad, ended up showering and going to sleep to the Simpsons.

The next morning we mad it to the Outer Banks of Hatteras. We are so excited to go kite and all the wind we drove through ended up stopping and turning in to a breeze. Not to much wind forcasted for the weekend. Go figure, drive in mach 3 wind and get to the kite spot and no wind!

Thats Ok, we got to shoot the shit with the cool cats at Real Kiteboarding . I was impressed by there layout, and also impressed with the man in charge. A good friend that I met in the Cabarete, D.R. Trip Foreman hooked us up with beer and goods. Just chilling at the Real facility was cool.

Kitty Hawk also had some nice turf, but they are still in the construction process. Working on there condos and restaurant bar area. Also a bad ass place to go learn to kite and a good launch and pump up area with air compressors.

I hope all is well with our followers, let the wind be with you, because it is not here!!

Peace

Patrick and Kara

1 comment:

  1. Love you brother and Kara... I am glad you guys are safe and having fun! I am jealous

    ReplyDelete