Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chicago LAND!









So after the great visit with Amer's family and great hospitality. I got a phone call from a girl that was doing a demo in Lake Wawasee, Indiana. After some conversation I found out that she is a International distributor for Ozone Kites! Amanda from LIKE TO KITE has traveled the world and has promoted the sport of Kiteboarding and also has been pushing the best brand out there! OZONE!!!

Amanda being so passionate about kiting she has been teaching Kiteboarding and snowkiting to the masses! Amanda also has been really progressive of getting new kiters into our wonderful sport of kiting. By promoting and doing demo days and organizing kite get togethers in the Chicago and Indiana area.

I was amazed at how connected she was with the community to get people out and flying kites! We did the first demo at Lake Wawassee. With not much snow on the lake, and a warm spell made the lake unsafe. So we went to a field and buggyed and kite skated for the folks.

After the weekend in Indiana we left and headed further west. Towards the WINDY CITY!! Chicago!! So we instantly jumped on the Chicago kite forum. Told everyone that we were out and about! The next day we had 8 different people come by and try to buggy and land board. We definitely hooked a couple of guys on buggy's. They said they wanted to buy one after kiting with a 10 Manta M3 and the buggy!!

I love the fact there isn't any snow on the ground but people still came out to support and check out the new kites!! I was impressed by the following and camaraderie from the Chicago kiters.

After our sessions we headed out every night for a tour of the city. What a beautiful city! I thought it would be more like New York! But it was way better! I loved all the architecture and how clean the city was! Also there was alot of fit and beautiful people around.

I guess the people of Chicago really like the outdoors. With bike paths everywhere and people still jogging and biking in the cold ass weather!!

I have never felt such a different cold! I was freezing and I grew up in the ICE BOX OF THE NATION Fraser, Colorado! I guess it is a really humid and damp cold. It is defiantly bone chilling! The windy city really put out this time!! I can't wait to roll through in the summer and kite on Lake Michigan right in the city!

Well until next time!



Peace

PatrickNedele.com





View Larger Map

0 comments:

Post a Comment