Wednesday, February 17, 2010

To all my Minnesota PEEPS!!










Whew, What a fun drive from Chicago. I rambled all the way to Superior, Michigan to the Wal-Mart, once again. I have to thank the Wally world for all there continued support of Georgie Fuso! And letting her sleep in Wallys parking lot with me safely cuddled inside!

I also have no Idea why people stare and Gawk at Georgie so much!! I think it is her fancy curves and bright lights!! I have seen so many people take pictures of her!!

Anyway I had a interesting morning with Georgie at the Superior Walmart!! I woke up and went to warm the engine up. With it being below zero that night, I was worried for Georgie's big 4 cyl. turbo diesel engine to start. My worries caught up with me. I jumped into the heart of Georgie Fuso and turned the key and she just coughed!

It turned out the 3 year old battery's just didn't like the -10 degree Fahrenheit weather! So I had a little adventure before I could go kite that morning. I instantly went into the Wallys and looked for the proper battery. They didn't have it and I was lucky to have a NAPA right next door. I love how things work out like that!! Oh and thank you Wally world for letting me borrow your shopping cart.

So after lightening the wallet $200 big ones! I replaced the two gigantic battery's and she started right up!! I am happy to give Georgie new juice and pep into her step!

All right, time to hit the road again!! Feeling better about new battery's I head further north to a spot the Lakawa riders choose, Wild Rice Lake. I meet up with Mike for a soul session on Saturdays light winds. He was flying his older 12m Manta 1 and I was on my older 15m Manta 2. And we compared both for the light wind performance. I think the 15 won! But then we pulled out the 12m Manta 3 and it kicked both the kites ass.

It generated more pull and moved faster than both the kites. With the 12 flying faster we could produce more apparent wind.

The next day we weren't expecting to much for wind either. But it all turned out to be a great day. With 8 inches of fresh snow! And wind blowing 10-15knots it turned out to be a great demo day!

I was so excited to have such a big following come out to Wild Rice Lake. Kiters showed up just because of the post's that were on LAKAWA's site! We had at one point 16 kiters out on the lake tearing it up! With all the new 2010 Ozones out.

My Minnesota Peeps had all smiles! Flying the C4's and the Zephyr, people all ready new that they want to sell there old kites and upgrade to the 2010's!!!! There were also a hand full of people that just loved the new feel of the New Manta 3's.

A bunch of the guys had older Frenzy's that had only a 1 pulley system. They got on the newer Frenzy's and Manta's. All the feed back came back as positive. Everybody agreed that the newer double pulley system was way better and also that the new top hat release is very innovated!

Well thank you all Minnesota peeps for coming out for the Ozone Demos. Also thank you so much Bryce for the hospitality at your house!! Help Bryce out get his own business off the ground. He makes these bad ass planks of lakes so check it out at:


Peace

Patrick Nedele

0 comments:

Post a Comment