Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Lake Ray Hubbard - Dallas, Texas







Once again the drive was just amazing to see. Dallas is a huge city! I was worried on where I was going? I would have never imagined that there was such a massive kite community just out side of Dallas!

With tons of lakes in the local area. Most of the wind riders go to Lake Ray Hubbard. Which I guess for the area this lake gets the cleanest fetch and strongest winds. Not only that there is a great launch area. With nice grass to pump up on, great big shade trees to relax under. And a close parking lot to bring your gear to the launch area.

The water was nice and refreshing, a little different for being in fresh water again. With no burn in the eyes and nose from the salt water. It was nice, but did it clog my nose and ears from all the city run off into the lake. The water looks clean but I guess the guys say there is some pollution in the lake. But what city lake doesn't have pollution!! Who cares just as long as we get to slide on the water and get cool!!

I really like visiting old friends Fillipe and my Photo buddy Gustav! I also met alot of new friends during my visit. With everybody loving the Zephyr and some riders rocking the C4's. The Zephyr was the right kite for the inland lake. With winds that blow light and some gust's that can be handled with the Zephyr. Valli and Migiel said they would be trading in there 17m Contra's and 17m Waroo's They were amazed with the depower and looping ability's of the Ozone Zephyr!!



Thank you Fillipe for the great BBQ dinners and letting me park Georgie at the top of that steep driveway of yours! Also thank you Marie fro taking those great Pictures.


Peace

Patrick Nedele

0 comments:

Post a Comment